March was a huge month for me! Transitioning from one job to another is a pretty big deal, but I’d say it’s going super well. Now let’s see, how did I do on my goals?
March Goals Recap
- Fitness – 30-day ab workout challenge plus the 30-day butt lift challenge from Blogilates, at the same time. This one went splendidly!! I had a couple of days sprinkled throughout where I needed to skip a workout and then double up the next day, but they were fairly rare and not very disruptive. I’d originally planned to do these every morning when I get up, before I go to work… That rarely happened. I think I’ll need a little more time getting used to the new job/schedule before I start adding exercises to my morning routine. But it didn’t matter in the end, because I got them done regardless and that’s what matters~! I feel stronger and am excited to start the next challenge!
- Japanese – Do something Japanese-related every day and participate in Tadoku. I did… ok I guess? I may have missed a day or two, but when that happened, I tried to make up for it and do some extra reading/listening the next day. I wish I’d done better with Tadoku – not so much with the reading, but with the tracking! I was partly through a couple of different manga by the end that I completely forgot to submit before the end of the contest! Ah well, I’ll try not to be too hard on myself. After all, the whole point was doing just a little something every day, and I did fairly well on that point. I’ve also splurged and ordered some new Japanese manga – it’s still in the mail but I’m really excited and will have some new stuff to read for a future Tadoku!
- Blog – Four posts in the month. Not very complicated, and I did it! Yay 🙂 It’s been fun, I enjoy having this space as my little playground. But even if I’m writing these as a personal outlet, I super appreciate all those who read about my adventures and ideas! It’s been good getting into a better blogging habit this month, and even if I don’t make it an official “goal” next month, I still plan on keeping up with it as much as I can.
So overall, I’ve had a great month. With all the stuff on my plate – new job, birthdays, bridesmaid duties, etc – I’m pretty happy that I got a lot done and was also able to work on these goals. I’ve got a lot of things planned for April too, with busy weekends ahead! But I won’t let that stop me!! Let’s head right into next month’s goals.
- Fitness – The Blogilates challenges went really well for me last time, I’m happy to repeat it with the new challenges! I’m still a little behind as I did the January and February challenge calendars last month, so now I have both March and April to do and I’ll be caught up. First is the Thigh Slimming challenge, and the other one is the Sleek Arms challenge. Bring it on!
- Cleaning – I’ve made this a goal before and want to bring it back! I’ve been a little too busy lately, leaving some of the cleaning by the wayside… Time to pick it back up! I think I’ll try a similar take to last time – focus on one room every week and clean thoroughly, and make sure dishes are all cleaned up daily. But I’d also like to add something new… I have a filing system for all of my important documents, but I’d like to take some time to re-organize what I already have and combine it with Ross’ documents so that we have it all in one organized space. Not sure how and when it will all come together, but it’s definitely something I want to at least *start* tackling this month!
- Gardening – This is new and exciting! 🙂 With the seasons changing and warmer weather arriving, I really want to take a stab at gardening again. Our balcony is very tiny, so we won’t be able to do much, but I’d like to grow some herbs and maybe even some tomatoes! First steps is buying the materials, which I’d like to do by this weekend, and then it’ll just be some daily tending/watering. There’s something so awesome about growing your own food, and one day when I have a house with a yard, I definitely want to try growing more things. This’ll be some nice practice!
- Japanese – I know I already have three goals during a busy month… but I don’t want to drop Japanese off altogether! So I’ll keep it nice and easy and do just two little things. One is keeping up with my Anki flashcards daily. Just a little bit of vocab practice, should only take about 5-10 minutes a day if I do it right. The other is to watch a Japanese Youtube video every day. Of course, an episode of a drama or anime would definitely count, but even if I don’t do that, at least a 5-10 minute video every day would still count. Should be feasible methinks!
April is my birthday month too so it’s time to OWN it!! Let’s do this!