HOLY CRAP what a month!! Soo much has happened!
For one, we are so very close to closing on a house… Don’t want to jinx it or reveal too much in case issues come up and our plans change, but it looks like it’s happening… I never expected to find something so quickly, what a ride. It’s been very exciting/nerve-wracking and I’m sure it will continue to eat up my time next month. But we’ll get there in a minute~
We also celebrated our good friends’ wedding this month 🙂 Which means I can finally mention what I’d been working so hard on for the past few months but couldn’t reveal as a goal — a secret video project for the newlyweds. I reached out to their friends and family for short video clips and put them all in a music video that we showed at the wedding. It took a lot of time and work, but I love how it turned out and I think it was a great surprise for them. Mission accomplished! It was a lovely wedding and I’m so happy for them, it was such an honor being the maid of honor.
Aside from these big life milestones, here’s a quick recap on how I did on my goals!
June Goals Recap
- Japanese – Participate in Tadoku (read a bit everyday) and do daily flashcard reps. I was hoping to write a whole post on this but just didn’t have time… I really enjoyed Tadoku this month! I didn’t really do as well as I have in the past (think I ended up in the 30’s or 40’s), and I only got through 4 manga volumes, once per week. However, I did accomplish what I set out to do. I read every day, even if it was just a little bit, and I actually remembered to LOG my pages this time! And I kinda fell in love with reading again, I’d like to start building a little manga collection for myself based on books from my childhood/teenage years 🙂 As for the flashcards, I did slip a little and missed a few days… But thankfully I don’t have any new flash cards at this point, just reviewing what I already have, so I was able to quickly catch up and am now back on track!
- Fitness – The Blogilates flexibility challenge calendar. Okay, I’ll say it right now… I didn’t finish the calendar. Bummer. I don’t have a great excuse for this one – no matter how busy I get, taking the time for those stretches was not an issue at all. I did well at the beginning, and then I just started forgetting to do them… And you know what I noticed? This time, I hadn’t printed out the calendar and hung it on my wall. I’m not sure just how big of a difference it would have made if I did do that, but you can bet I’m going to print the next one! I still plan on finishing out the stretches, but I just didn’t have the daily stretches I’d been planning on. Ah well, can’t let it get me down!
- Big Projects – I’ve already talked about the house and wedding, and it’s looking like my health issues are starting to improve too with all the doctor visits! The apartment could be a little neater, but all things considered I’m fairly happy with how we’ve maintained that. Point is, I’ve survived this crazy month!!
Moving on to next month… I’d mentioned last time that I may take a break from goals. I’ve clearly had less time to dedicate to them (as well as less time to spend on the blog, I haven’t made any other posts this month…). And now that I’m potentially moving into a new house in a few weeks… things may only get crazier.
But I’m realizing I don’t want to take a break from goals just yet! Even just having little goals is enough for now. I’ll be taking a similar tactic to last month 🙂
- Fitness – As well as finishing out the stretches that I didn’t complete last month, I’m recommitting to the next Blogilates flexibility challenge: the Journey to the Splits. I’ve always liked the idea of being able to do the splits, and even if I don’t know if I’ll be able to get all the way there, the thought that I could get really close in just 30 days is exciting! This time, I will PRINT OUT the calendar and physically check off the days!
- Japanese – Flashcards. That’s all I’ll really hold myself to for now are keeping up with those flashcard reps. I think I’ll continue reading the manga series I started, and I’ve started watching a bit more Japanese TV which helps with listening practice, but I won’t set myself a requirement for those yet, just flashcards.
- Big Project – Here it is again, my excuse for not creating a third goal. It’s a little different this time though…Yes, my biggest thing is to (hopefully) get this new house and move into it successfully. I’m still looking after my health and making sure that continues to improve, and want to make sure I manage my stress levels as well. But I’d also like to take a bit of time this month and experiment/reflect on what I’d like to do for future projects. There’s still a lot that I’d like to do with this blog when I settle down, but other projects are interesting me too… I kinda miss vlogging, for instance! So I’d like to take some time this month to think about future projects. We shall see where that takes me!
This is such an exciting and memorable summer! And it’s only just the beginning… 🙂